RICHARD MILLS. Born 26 June 1931; son of Richard Henry Mills and Catherine Keeley.
Married 1st, 1960, Lynda Taylor (marriage dissolved 1967); one daughter; 2nd marriage1983, Sheila White; two sons.
Actively involved in over 80 West End productions in positions ranging from Stage Electrician to Producer.
Co-presented with Bernard Delfont over 200 summer shows, pantomimes and tours.
Commenced working in the theatre as an Assistant Stage Manager in 1948, and subsequently worked as
a stage manager/actor and in various backstage capacities, until he joined Bernard Delfont Limited in 1963.
- General Manager: Anna Deere Wiman Productions London and New York: 1957-58
- Director: Bernard Delfont Limited: 1967
- Chief Executive: Bernard Delfont Limited: 1970-91
- Deputy Chairman: 1970-79 Chairman: 1979-91
- Managing Director Prince of Wales Theatre: 1970-96
- Director: EMI Film & Theatre Corporation: 1970-81
- Drama Panel, Arts Council of Great Britain: 1975-76
- Member: National Theatre Board & Finance and General Purposes Committee: 1976-91
- Managing Director: Prince Edward Theatre: 1978-96
- Director: Trust House Forte Leisure: 1980-83
- Member: English Tourist Board: 1982-85
- Board Member: First Leisure: 1983-93
- Chairman and Chief Executive: Delfont Mackintosh Theatres Ltd: 1991-96
- President Stage Golfing Society: 2004-05
Lord Delfont of Stepney
Me on holiday with Bernie but then nearly every day was like
a holiday working with him
MY AUDIO/VIDEO TRIBUTE TO
(press arrow to start)test nat44
We acknowledge with grateful thanks the assistance given by RICHARD MANGAN of the MANDER & MITCHENSON Theatre Collection
Website designed by RICHARD M. MILLS and CAROLINE VILLIERS